Since Doyle Boston Sailmakers entered the Viper 640 class, no other Sailmaker has won as many races or major events. Team Jackpot, led by Brad Boston has won the last three North American Championships (2011, 2010 and 2009), the 2010 EFG Pan Am Series and the last three Charleston Race Weeks (2012, 2011 and 2010) .
Our current sail designs for the Viper are the result of a full and exhaustive computer design and full size sail testing program that has proven to create fast, easy to trim and long lasting sails for the fleet.
RECENT RACE RESULTS
VIPER 640 SAIL SELECTION
- 3 Full length top battens
- Long lower battens
- Laminated batten pocket reinforcements
- Radial patches distribute loads
- Leech telltales
- Shape stripes
Viper AP Jib
- 3 Battens with vision window
- Velcro leech loading batten pockets
- Radial corner reinforcements
- Leech telltales for jib trim